What is a 3D Printer? It might sound a little “woo-woo” to you because honestly – the technology does entail a bit of magic. A 3D Printer is basically a highly intelligent hot glue gun. It’s a robot that melts materials (called filaments) and turns it into whatever shape you tell it to, with your design software. If you can design it, you can make it. Think prototypes, cosplay, pieces and segments of discontinued items, medical assistive devices, jigs and guides, the sky’s the limit!3D printed prototypes are a part of many manufacturing processes. You can print (almost) anything you can imagine. Layer by layer. Minute by minute. You can make things on a 3D printer that you could never CNC, because nothing is cut. It can also integrate seamlessly into a partnership with your CNC because they both run on Makerverse. They can work beautifully together while creating art, furniture, gifts and so much more.
- Developed in collaboration with MM’s 3DP guru, Drew Wallis, he will be available for hands-on support, customized instructions, and live streams every week!
- Designed to be quiet, reliable and easy to use
- Intuitive user experience on a giant 7” wireless touch screen
- Huge build area of 12” x 12” x 16”
- Auto-bed leveling for easy calibration and operation with an official ANTCLABS BL Touch
- Print from Wi-Fi or USB using any slicer, with custom firmware developed by MM
- Three user-friendly modes of operation: Beginner, Educator, Expert
- Beginner is for those at the beginning of their 3D printing adventure, those working with kids or those who just want extra guidance
- Educator is for those who are utilizing the machine for teaching
- Expert is for those who are already adept at 3D printing and want to have complete control